Wednesday, May 1, 2013

BICYCLISTS INVADE DALHART TEXAS

A group of bicyclists arrived unannounced in Dalhart today according to Sheriff Clem Skeeter.  "Son of a gun they just showed up here.  It's a real burr under my saddle that that they didn't even call. I expect they are a bunch of tree huggin prius drivin liberal agitators lookin for trouble. They arrive all cocky in their tight spandex on their fancy carbon bikes  The thing is, they can't ride for shit.  They said it took them somethin like over 8 hours to ride in from Tucumcari.  Hell, it's only 95 miles.   They gave me some kind of bull pucky that they had a 25 mile an hour headwind.  They sound like a bunch of pansies to me. But what really bothers me, there are a bunch of foreigners in the group.  Makes me real suspicious."

Floris van Overlend of Amsterdam Netherlands was the first rider to arrive in Dalhart.  When asked about the slow time he said " it wasn't my fault we were so slow, we had to drag Tom Stenovec for the whole ride.  Heck, he didn't even take any pulls the last  15 miles.  What a sorry excuse for a cyclist."  Dave Pramann, another in the lead group, just shook his head in disgust at the mention of Tom's name.

Area man Buck Sturges when asked about the bicyclists replied " Hell, I don't got no problem with bisexuals,  they can do what they want"

1 comment:

  1. That sounds more like the Tom I ride with. I hope the trip is going well. Your stuff will be in KS for you when you get there.

    ReplyDelete