Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day 10

Hi

I had an amazing day 10 on my cross country bike trip.  We rode out of Las Vegas on one of the best roads for biking that I have ever encountered.  Rt. 104 stretches east for 107 miles to Tucumcari NM.  En route there are no towns, and only one gas station/store at the 75 mile mark.  The isolation was incredible.  During the entire ride we probably encountered a total of 30 cars /trucks, we had the road to ourselves.  The scenery was stark, and in places you could see for miles in all directions.

I had a Garmin malfunction on the ride, so no link at this time.  I did include the Strava link for Floris, who rode with me all day.  Ride stats were; 108 mile, avg. 21.2 mph, 3100 ft of climbing.  Thanks for the tailwind.

Tomorrow is Dalhart, TX, already entering the central time zone.

Tom


http://www.strava.com/activities/51603863









If you see this man dial 1-800-CALLFBI

No comments:

Post a Comment