Friday, May 24, 2013

Hi

Floris and I are sitting in a chic coffee shop in Cambridge enjoying the local culture.  It is an interesting combo of nerds, hipsters, and the calculated Ivy League disheveled careless affluent.

Some random observations post-ride:

No significant rain!!!! Being the superstitious type, I never wanted to mention the weather for fear of the dreaded jinx.  I hate riding in the rain.  But we were lucky.  When you purchase $600 worth of high tech rain gear I guess it helps repel the storms.  We had significant rain several nights, and it is raining today.

Worst Fall   Again being superstitious (and given my ninja-like bike handling skills) I never wanted to mention the dreaded bike crash.  Now that the ride is over, I can tell you about the worst fall that I took on the trip.  It occurred in Dunkirk NY.  I woke in the middle of the night to close my window.  In the dark, without my glasses, I tripped over my luggage and bruised my lower back on the coffee table, causing both thighs to seize up in cramps.  My first thought was not having my medic alert bracelet
(Help!!! I've fallen and I can't get up).  But i rallied and made it back to bed.  The two 24 oz beers (designated"Brutus" size at Applebees) were  definitely not a contributing factor.  This is actually the second worst bike related fall this year.  The worst was when I fell off my stationary bike in the garage.  The bike's seat post bolt broke, I stayed clipped in, and ended up flat on my back on the floor with the bike on top.

The rain has let up, we are getting motivated to see the sights.   I will grab a ritalin to from one of the Harvard kids so I can come up with more random thoughts.

Tom


No comments:

Post a Comment