Monday, April 29, 2013

Day 9

Hi

Sunday (day 8) was a rest day, so I was able to spend the day with my mom in Albuquerque, and she is doing well.

Today we rode to Las Vegas NM.  It was long, 135 miles with 8,000 feet of climbing.   There were lots of memories rolling through Albq, and I bet I bored all my riding mate with my stories.  We got out of town via old Rte 66,  then north on Rte 14,  climbing behind the Sandia mountains.  We passed through Madrid, an old mining town that is morphing into a combination of a funky artist colony/tourist trap, then had about 20 miles of fast rollers with great pavement and no traffic. We rode around Santa Fe, and stopped for lunch in Hondo.  Then unfortunately more interstate, this time I-25.  We had 30 miles of great tailwinds, then 10 miles in your face at the end.

Then I finished the ride with a large chocolate shake from DQ:

PS  zinc oxide, not celebrity picture for Got Milk? ad

Time for bed.

Tom

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/305448344

No comments:

Post a Comment